Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Digital Marketing and Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com
If you are interested in Volunteering, please complete our Individual Volunteer Application Form.
RMHC Eastern WI EDI goals are to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community that engages, retains and supports growth to be productive and socially reasonable global citizens.
RMHC Eastern WI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All RMHC employees are required to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless a Vaccine Exemption is requested and approved.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, life insurance, long term disability, a Simple IRA Plan with company matching, paid holidays and a generous PTO plan.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Events
Status: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
Salary Range: $38,000-$44,000
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Eastern Wisconsin (RMHC) is a premiere nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community and compassionate care for those we serve, work with and inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
We are searching for a talented and motivated Event & Marketing Specialist to organize outstanding and unforgettable events. You will be responsible for every part of event preparations, such as choosing venues, developing seating plans, coordinating auctions, communicating event details both internally and externally and evaluating success afterward.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Events and Marketing Manager to develop event concepts/themes
- Identify and manage event timelines and milestones, both leading up to and during each event
- Secure and oversee event committee members
- Coordinate event logistics such as venues, entertainers, photographers and other vendors, including in-kind donors
- Maintain event budgets
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services Director to identify and manage volunteer needs
- Manage event set-up, take-down and post-event follow-up
- Assess event success and provide post-event reporting
- Solicit interesting, unique and exclusive auction items
- Track auction items and build packages using online software
- Oversee auction package photography and onsite auction setup
- Collaborate with Marketing and Database Teams to develop event landing pages, registration and collateral for special events
- Prepare pre- and post-event communications for attendees
- Manage sponsor and volunteer acknowledgement and recognition
- Passion for the mission of RMHC
- 2-4 years successful experience in non-profit fundraising event/communications role
- Organized with high level of attention to detail
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills; familiarity with Excel and Word; database, auction software and/or Adobe experience a plus
- Flexibility with schedule to accommodate event committee meetings and events, as needed
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to Melissa Marney at firstname.lastname@example.org.