Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com.
Reports to: Family Services & Programs Director
Available shifts: Weekday: Thursdays, 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
One weekend shift each week – will alternate between Saturday and Sunday:
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Additional evening/weekend hours occasionally available based on House needs.
To keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children
The House Manager (HM) is a crucial member of the Family Services Team and House Operations Team, responsible for overseeing all activities related to the operation of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC or House) during assigned hours of duty. The HM works in cooperation with RMHC staff and volunteers to provide superior customer service and stewardship of our guests and visitors under the direction of the Family Services & Programs Director, always with a “mission first” focus.
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth respect and privacy for all RMHC guest families served
- Full understanding of RMHC policies and procedures, including Operations Manual, and enforcing and explaining policies and procedures to guests when necessary
- Responsible for completing guest family check-ins and check-outs, utilizing the Exceed Beyond database for all guest family reporting needs
- Responsible for proper documentation in guest family files, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security of sensitive information
- Maintain long-term and short-term waiting lists and assignment of guest family rooms, including communicating with social workers and families as to room availability and referral/stay process
- Process referrals from hospital and/or returning guests, contacting guests when rooms become available and update reports as needed
- Address challenging guest family situations (ie: verbal/physical abuse, intoxication, etc.) in a professional manner, always being focused on the safety, security, and well-being of guest families, staff, and volunteers, including properly documenting all incidents
- Complete shift reports and provide thorough support during Family Services shift changes
- Attend regularly scheduled House Manager meetings and trainings (approximately one per month)
- Facilitate additional guest accommodations, including, but not limited to: disbursement of tickets for local activities, setting up personal services (i.e. hair cut or car repair), and supporting in-House programs
- Input all family guest surveys into Survey Monkey
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services & Programs Director
- Establish a professional and friendly relationship with House shift volunteers, including delegating any Family Services tasks, as necessary
- Support the Family Meal Program Coordinator and Family Meal Program during evenings and weekends including stewardship of program volunteers, subject to meal program scheduling
- Perform Quality Control checks of guest family rooms, ensuring a high level of cleanliness and consistency for guest families
- Perform regular House rounds focusing on maintenance, safety, and security checks
- Report all facility-related issues to Maintenance/ Director of House Operations via MaxPanda
- Proficient understanding of House alarm systems and emergency procedures with the ability to manage House emergency situations in a calm, professional manner
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent) with at least two years of work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization or related work experience
- Passion for the RMHC Mission
- Approachable and easy to talk to, warm, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to interact professionally with families, staff, volunteers, board members, hospital representatives, donors and the community
- Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all while building effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective customer service skills to work independently
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action, maintaining confidentiality with a calm and professional manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS office products and database software
- Ability to work with volunteers and delegate tasks effectively
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, be dependable and timely
- Must have flexibility in work schedule and have the potential to work nights (including overnight shifts), weekends and holidays
Please send resume and cover letter to Kelly Levenhagen, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November, 1, 2018.