Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com
Job Title: House Manager
Reports to: Family Services & Programs Director
Status: Part-Time Hourly (Non Exempt)
Available shifts: Evenings and weekends
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC or House)is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
RMHC is looking to add an additional House Manager (HM) to its team. The House Manager Team is part of the Family Services Team, which is responsible for all activities related to serving guest families and providing them rooms to stay while their child is undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital. The House Manager works in tandem with another assigned House Manager as well as in cooperation with other RMHC staff and volunteers to provide superior care, service and stewardship of our guests and visitors under the direction of the Family Services & Programs Director, always with a “mission first” focus.
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth respect and privacy for all RMHC guest families served
- Full understanding of RMHC policies and procedures, including Operations Manual, and enforcing and explaining policies and procedures to guests when necessary
- Responsible for all facets of the guest family experience – check-ins, check-outs, assisting guest families with needs during their stay, and addressing challenging guest family situations in a professional manner, always being focused on the safety, security, and well-being of guest families, staff, and volunteers.
- Responsible for proper documentation throughout shift, including hospital referrals, guest family files, shift notes, and database entry, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security of sensitive information
- Responsible for clear and concise communication with social workers and families as to room availability and referral/stay process
- Attend regularly scheduled House Manager meetings and trainings (approximately one per month)
- Proficient understanding of House alarm systems and emergency procedures with the ability to manage House emergency situations in a calm, professional manner
- Establish a professional and friendly relationship with House volunteers while delegating any Family Services tasks, as necessary. This includes supporting the Family Meal Program Coordinator and Family Meal Program during evenings and weekends through stewardship of program volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services & Programs Director
- Passion for the RMHC Mission
- Approachable and easy to talk to, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to interact professionally with families, staff, volunteers, board members, hospital representatives, donors and the community
- Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all while building effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective problem-solving and customer service skills to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality with a calm and professional manner. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with MS office & database software)
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization or other related employment
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, be dependable and timely
- Flexibility in work schedule and interest in occasionally picking up shifts, including weekends and holidays
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Levenhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16th 2019.
Reports to: Director of House Operations
Status: Seasonal Part-Time (10 hours each week during months of May through October)
Our Mission: To keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children
The Landscape and Grounds Coordinator is a crucial member of the House Operations Team, responsible for overseeing all activities related to the 7.5 acres of grounds (including the ¾ acre Secret Garden) of Ronald McDonald House Charites ® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC or House). The Coordinator supports the Director of House Operations and works in cooperation with RMHC staff and volunteers to promote and keep our grounds beautiful, safe and well-kept during the spring through late fall growing season. Coordinator will identify grounds needs and work closely with grounds service providers and vendors, encouraging donated or discounted service and always with a “mission first” focus.
• Support well-kept, safe and inviting RMHC grounds for guest families, volunteers, donors, staff and other visitors to enjoy as part of their RMHC experience
• Coordinate seasonal grounds needs and work with vendors and service providers to maintain the grounds, including, but not limited to; landscapers, arborists, water feature professionals, sprinkler, and lighting companies
• Maintain an annual calendar of grounds needs, being proactive in scheduling timely work to ensure the grounds are in excellent shape throughout the growing season
• Report all grounds-related issues to Maintenance/ Director of House Operations via MaxPanda
• Walk the grounds at least weekly to identify issues and proactively address any grounds’ needs
• Support and enforce RMHC policies and procedures, as documented in RMHC Operations Manual, to ensure the safety of our guest families and visitors when on the grounds of RMHC
• Identify larger grounds projects, working collaboratively with Operations Team to identify funders for projects and timelines to mitigate disturbance to guest families during project construction
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of House Operations
• Establish a professional and collaborative relationship with the UW-Extension Master Gardener volunteers, understanding the Gardener’s responsibilities and goals in maintaining the Secret Garden’s Master Garden designation
• Support Secret Garden Chair in identifying hardscape and softscape needs of the Secret Garden
• Use the Secret Garden as a way to educate and inspire our guest families to understand the positive impact gardening has on their health and well-being; collaborate with Secret Garden Chair to support the Family Garden Education Program
• Prior work experience and knowledge of organic gardening and Midwest landscaping, preferably with a landscape architect or horticulturalist designation
• Passion for the RMHC Mission
• Approachable and easy to talk to, warm, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues and volunteers
• Ability to interact professionally with families, staff, volunteers, vendors, donors and the community
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective customer service skills to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus
• Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS office products
• Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, be dependable and timely
• Flexibility in work schedule, allowing for additional hours, if needed.
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Levenhagen at email@example.com.