Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com
Reports to: Director of House Operations
Status: Seasonal Part-Time (10 hours each week during months of May through October)
Our Mission: To keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
The Landscape and Grounds Coordinator will be responsible for the maintenance and care of specific gardens and grounds areas on the RMHC property. A minimum of 2+ years of horticultural experience with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, and identification is strongly preferred. A degree/certification in horticulture or related field is a plus. The ability to work alone or in groups, in all weather conditions, along with the flexibility to work long hours, holidays, and weekends, as necessary. Basic computer skills and a valid Wisconsin driver license required.
- A Horticulturalist with knowledge of organic gardening and Midwest landscaping.
- Knowledge to manage 7.5 acres of landscaping including a ¾ acre four season Secret Garden, a private garden for RMHC families, staff, and volunteers.
- Organizational skills to work with RMHC staff and as partners with landscapers, arborists, water feature professionals, water feature and irrigation contractors, and lighting companies.
- Work with UW-Extension Master Gardener Volunteers and care for the Secret Garden, making it a comforting and educational respite.
- Conduct learning opportunities for families and staff.
- Manage a Plant Memorial Program.
- Be the voice for and continue to develop the land and garden. Plant and advocate for a safe, healthy, beautiful property.
- Support the mission of RMHC.
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Levenhagen.