Job Title: Philanthropy Manager
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Status: Full-time Exempt position
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC®) is a premiere nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
The Philanthropy Manager assists the Director of Philanthropy in executing all fund and friend raising activities through portfolio management, Community Sponsored Fundraisers/Events, the Pop Tab Program and donor stewardship/ engagement events. Outreach, stewardship activities and initiatives should align with the fundraising goals and strategic plan of RMHC.
Donor Stewardship and Engagement
- Collaborate with Director of Philanthropy to develop a stewardship plan that honors our donors and friends of the House in ways that are meaningful and personal.
- Support the Marketing & Events team to develop stewardship-related content for the website, HomeWord newsletter, monthly emails and other RMHC materials as needed.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Events with reviewing, modifying, and refreshing donor acknowledgements each quarter to ensure donors are thanked in a personal, timely and appropriate manner.
- Make weekly thank you calls to RMHC and True Sense donors.
- Work closely with Director of Philanthropy and other colleagues to create and execute meaningful engagement opportunities for donors.
- Successfully track and execute RMHC strategic plan initiatives and tactics.
- Develop and manage relationships with current and prospective mid-level donors, and help grow monthly donors. Create and implement plans to include research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Work with Director of Philanthropy to establish an RMHC giving society for major donors.
- Secure event sponsors for RMHC events; collaborate with the Special Events Manager to create meaningful asks and sponsorship recognition.
- Secure unique auction items and other event needs.
- Use Exceed Beyond to track communication and touchpoints.
Community- Sponsored Fundraisers:
- Collaborate with Director of Philanthropy to create strategies and tactics to grow Community- Sponsored Fundraisers including Third Party Events and Cause Marketing opportunities to build relationships and awareness for our mission.
- Manage all aspects of Community- Sponsored Fundraisers
- Ensure Community Sponsored Fundraiser application forms are completed, tracked properly and that guidelines are followed.
- Represent RMHC at speaking engagements, third party events and community events and/or collaborate with Volunteer Services Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers to represent RMHC.
- Work with marketing team to create email and social media marketing messages to promote these events.
- Follow-up with personal contact by sending a personalized acknowledgement after each event and coordinating a check presentation, if needed.
- Use Exceed Beyond to track donor interactions.
- Provide quarterly reports showing program results.
Pop Tab Program:
- Manage all aspects of the Pop Tab Program
- Identify opportunities for growth, including sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage program inquiries.
- Work with marketing team to develop and execute a communication plan to promote the Pop Tab program.
- Collaborate with the Special Events Manager or Marketing and Events Intern to coordinate a successful Tab Toss Day.
- Steward and grow the Scout patch program.
- Create quarterly reports showing program results.
- Maintain accurate records documenting the program.
The background and experience of candidates should demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of fundraising, or other relevant experience.
- A passion for making a difference in a small nonprofit setting.
- Experience soliciting donations, sponsorships and auction items.
- Familiarity with donor data base systems.
- Highly collaborative professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Donor centric mindset.
- Ability to lead volunteer teams to successful outcomes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility in scheduling with occasional evenings and weekends necessary.
- All full-time, part-time and contracted employees are required to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless a Vaccine Exemption is requested and approved.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Julie Hahn at email@example.com by October 22, 2021.
Reports to: Family Services & Programs Director
Status: Part-time Hourly (Non Exempt) $16.00/hour
Available shifts: Evenings and weekends
Ronald McDonald House Charites® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC® or House) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
RMHC is looking to add an additional House Manager (HM) to its team. The House Manager Team is part of the Family Services Team, which is responsible for all activities related to serving guest families and providing them rooms to stay while their child is undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital. The House Manager works in tandem with another assigned House Manager as well as in cooperation with other RMHC staff and volunteers to provide superior care, service and stewardship of our guests and visitors under the direction of the Family Services & Programs Director, always with a “mission first” focus.
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth respect and privacy for all RMHC guest families served
- Full understanding of RMHC policies and procedures, including Operations Manual, and enforcing and explaining policies and procedures to guests when necessary
- Responsible for all facets of the guest family experience – check-ins, check-outs, assisting guest families with needs during their stay, and addressing challenging guest family situations in a professional manner, always being focused on the safety, security, and well-being of guest families, staff, and volunteers.
- Responsible for proper documentation throughout shift, including hospital referrals, guest family files, shift notes, and database entry, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and security of sensitive information
- Responsible for clear and concise communication with social workers and families as to room availability and referral/stay process
- Attend regularly scheduled House Manager meetings and trainings (approximately one per month)
- Proficient understanding of House alarm systems and emergency procedures with the ability to manage House emergency situations in a calm, professional manner
- Establish a professional and friendly relationship with House volunteers while delegating any Family Services tasks, as necessary. This includes supporting the Family Meal Program Coordinator and Family Meal Program during evenings and weekends through stewardship of program volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services & Programs Director
- Passion for the RMHC Mission
- Approachable and easy to talk to, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to interact professionally with families, staff, volunteers, board members, hospital representatives, donors and the community
- Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all while building effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective problem-solving and customer service skills to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality with a calm and professional manner. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with MS office & database software)
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization or other related employment
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, be dependable and timely
- Flexibility in work schedule and interest in occasionally picking up shifts, including weekends and holidays
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter to Laura Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: Family Room Manager
Status: Part-time Hourly $16.00/hour
Available shifts: Weekends 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Ronald McDonald House Charites® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
In August of 2021, Rogers Behavioral Health (RBH) will open the Ladish Co. Foundation Center that includes the Rogers Research Center, Rogers Foundation offices, a chapel and meditation garden for spiritual care, community rooms, a board room and the Ronald McDonald Family Room®. The Family Room provides family members and other caregivers a safe and comfortable place outside of the hospital environment where they can relax, prepare a meal, have a snack, or even take a nap while coping with the emotional demands of having a child in the hospital.
The Family Room Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for overseeing the operation of the RMHC Eastern Wisconsin Family Room (in Oconomowoc). Shifts are primarily on weekends and the Coordinator will report to the Family Room Manager (FRM).
- Ensure Family Room guests, visitors and volunteers are provided with a clean, comfortable and safe environment in accordance with established operating policies and standards, while always leading with compassion
- Responsible for activities related to serving Family Room guests, including check-ins and check-outs, family tours, assisting family needs during their visit and addressing any situations that arise during your shift
- Full understanding of both RMHC® and Rogers policies and procedures, enforcing and explaining policies and procedures to guests when necessary
- Responsible for proper documentation and reporting throughout shift, including shift notes and database entry; ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of sensitive information
- Responsible for clear and concise communication with hospital social workers and families as to who may utilize the Family Room
- Attend regularly scheduled Family Room staff meetings and trainings
- Establish a professional and friendly relationship with all volunteers
- Ensure all volunteer duties are completed, stepping in to complete the duties if a volunteer is not available
- Lead Family Room tours for donors and visitors, as requested
- Greet and steward Family Room snack/meal groups and group volunteer projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Room Manager
- Passion for the RMHC mission and core values
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization, customer service or other related employment
- Enthusiastic, energetic, adaptable, creative and willing to work as a team member
- Approachable and easy to talk to, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues, donors and volunteers
- Supports equal and fair treatment for all while building effective relationships and an inclusive environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective problem-solving and customer service skills to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality in a calm and professional manner
- Computer proficiency (with MS Office)
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, and be dependable
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Some stooping, kneeling and stairs may be required
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Flexibility in schedule in order to successfully manage volunteer shifts and provide gaps in volunteer/staff coverage, when necessary
- Flexibility in work schedule and interest in occasionally picking up additional shifts
To apply: submit resume and cover letter to Kelly Levenhagen at email@example.com.