Reports to: Family Room Manager
Status: Part-time Hourly $16.00/hour
Available shifts: Weekends 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with occasional weekday coverage
Ronald McDonald House Charites® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
In August of 2021, Rogers Behavioral Health (RBH) will open the Ladish Co. Foundation Center that includes the Rogers Research Center, Rogers Foundation offices, a chapel and meditation garden for spiritual care, community rooms, a board room and the Ronald McDonald Family Room®. The Family Room provides family members and other caregivers a safe and comfortable place outside of the hospital environment where they can relax, prepare a meal, have a snack, or even take a nap while coping with the emotional demands of having a child in the hospital.
The Family Room Coordinator (Coordinator) is responsible for overseeing the operation of the RMHC Eastern Wisconsin Family Room (in Oconomowoc). Shifts are primarily on weekends and the Coordinator will report to the Family Room Manager (FRM).
- Ensure Family Room guests, visitors and volunteers are provided with a clean, comfortable and safe environment in accordance with established operating policies and standards, while always leading with compassion
- Responsible for activities related to serving Family Room guests, including check-ins and check-outs, family tours, assisting family needs during their visit and addressing any situations that arise during your shift
- Full understanding of both RMHC® and Rogers policies and procedures, enforcing and explaining policies and procedures to guests when necessary
- Responsible for proper documentation and reporting throughout shift, including shift notes and database entry; ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of sensitive information
- Responsible for clear and concise communication with hospital social workers and families as to who may utilize the Family Room
- Attend regularly scheduled Family Room staff meetings and trainings
- Establish a professional and friendly relationship with all volunteers
- Ensure all volunteer duties are completed, stepping in to complete the duties if a volunteer is not available
- Lead Family Room tours for donors and visitors, as requested
- Greet and steward Family Room snack/meal groups and group volunteer projects, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Room Manager
- Passion for the RMHC mission and core values
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization, customer service or other related employment
- Enthusiastic, energetic, adaptable, creative and willing to work as a team member
- Approachable and easy to talk to, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC colleagues, donors and volunteers
- Supports equal and fair treatment for all while building effective relationships and an inclusive environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective problem-solving and customer service skills to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality in a calm and professional manner
- Computer proficiency (with MS Office)
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, and be dependable
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Some stooping, kneeling and stairs may be required
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- Flexibility in schedule in order to successfully manage volunteer shifts and provide gaps in volunteer/staff coverage, when necessary
- Flexibility in work schedule and interest in occasionally picking up additional shifts
To apply: submit resume and cover letter to Kelly Levenhagen at email@example.com by August 11.