Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services, Graphic Design, Marketing and PR, and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer, Volunteer Services Director at email@example.com
Reports to: Family Services & Programs Director
Status: Part Time Hourly (Non Exempt)
Shifts Available: Evenings and weekends
Ronald McDonald House Charites® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC or House) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
RMHC Eastern WI is looking to add an additional House Manager (HM) to its team. The House Manager Team is part of the Family Services Team, which is responsible for all activities related to serving guest families and providing them rooms to stay while their child is undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital. The House Manager works in tandem with another assigned House Manager as well as in cooperation with other RMHC Eastern WI staff and volunteers to provide superior care, service and stewardship of our guests and visitors under the direction of the Family Services & Programs Director, always with a “mission first” focus.
- Passion for the RMHC Mission
- Approachable and easy to talk to, pleasant and gracious to guest families, RMHC Eastern WI colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to interact professionally with families, staff, volunteers, board members, hospital representatives, donors and the community
- Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all while building effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, using effective problem-solving and customer service skills to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality with a calm and professional manner. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with MS office & database software)
- High School degree and two years college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization or other related employment
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility, be dependable and timely
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Schaer.
Reports to: Director of House Operations
Status: Seasonal Part-Time (10 hours each week during months of May through October)
Our Mission: To keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is a premiere Wisconsin nonprofit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to the core values of communication, creating connections, community, and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with, and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
The Landscape and Grounds Coordinator will be responsible for the maintenance and care of specific gardens and grounds areas on the RMHC property. A minimum of 2+ years of horticultural experience with in-depth knowledge of plant culture, maintenance, and identification is strongly preferred. A degree/certification in horticulture or related field is a plus. The ability to work alone or in groups, in all weather conditions, along with the flexibility to work long hours, holidays, and weekends, as necessary. Basic computer skills and a valid Wisconsin driver license required.
- A Horticulturalist with knowledge of organic gardening and Midwest landscaping.
- Knowledge to manage 7.5 acres of landscaping including a ¾ acre four season Secret Garden, a private garden for RMHC families, staff, and volunteers.
- Organizational skills to work with RMHC staff and as partners with landscapers, arborists, water feature professionals, water feature and irrigation contractors, and lighting companies.
- Work with UW-Extension Master Gardener Volunteers and care for the Secret Garden, making it a comforting and educational respite.
- Conduct learning opportunities for families and staff.
- Manage a Plant Memorial Program.
- Be the voice for and continue to develop the land and garden. Plant and advocate for a safe, healthy, beautiful property.
- Support the mission of RMHC.
Any interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Kelly Levenhagen.