Interns are accepted for a variety of positions including Special Events/Digital Marketing and Development, Volunteer Management and Family Services and Database Management on a year round basis. Submit your resume and preferred area of interest to Heather Egerer.
If you are interested in Volunteering, please complete our Individual Volunteer Application Form.
Ronald McDonald House Charites® of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (RMHC® or House) is a premiere Wisconsin non-profit established to keep families together and promote the health and well-being of children. RMHC is committed to an inclusive culture where the Organization lives the core values of communication, creating connections, community and compassionate care for those we serve, those we work with and those we inspire. Each member of our team demonstrates these core values and is focused on our mission and the families we serve.
RMHC Eastern WI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All RMHC employees are required to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless a Vaccine Exemption is requested and approved.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, life insurance, long term disability, a Simple IRA Plan with company matching, paid holidays and a generous PTO plan.
RMHC DEI goals are to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community that engages, retains and supports growth to be productive and socially reasonable global citizens.
Reports to: Family Services Manager
Status: Part-Time Hourly ($16/hour, Non Exempt)
Available shifts: Schedule operates on an A and B week. Minimum of 15 hours per pay period (every 2 weeks). Below options may fluctuate based on availability at the time of hiring:
• Sunday A 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Tuesday A 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
• Wednesday B 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
• Thursday A & B 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
• Friday A & B 4:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
• Saturday A & B 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
• Saturday A & B 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Family Services Coordinators are part of the Family Services Team, which is responsible for all activities related to serving guest families and providing them with support and a room to stay while their child is undergoing medical treatment at a nearby hospital. The Family Services Coordinator works in cooperation with other RMHC staff and volunteers under the direction of the Family Services Manager.
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth, respect and privacy for all RMHC guest families.
- Full understanding of RMHC policies and procedures, and the ability to explain to guests and other external stakeholders when necessary.
- Manage all guest stay logistics, including– referrals, check-ins, and check-outs.
- Address challenging guest family situations in a professional manner.
- Work closely with Volunteers, Housekeeping team and Maintenance team to manage all aspects of room turnover and House needs.
- Complete accurate documentation and reporting, including guest family files, daily notes, database entry and opening and closing shift duties.
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings and trainings (approximately quarterly).
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Services Manager.
- Proficient understanding of House alarm systems and emergency procedures with the ability to manage House emergencies in a calm, professional manner.
- Maintain proper documentation of all reported maintenance issues.
- Conduct thorough walkthroughs of the entire House, addressing various needs such as restocking, organizing, cleaning and documenting as required.
- Greet and steward all volunteers while working to build meaningful relationships that contribute toward a positive volunteer experience.
- Assist in training volunteers with any changes in procedures that impact their shift duties, as well as delegating as necessary.
- Provide support to the Family Meal Program during evenings and weekends.
- Help with completion of volunteer duties for vacant shifts, including providing coverage of the Front Desk or room turnover tasks when needed.
Candidates should have passion for the RMHC mission and demonstrate the following:
- Enthusiastic, energetic, adaptable and compassionate to guest families, RMHC colleagues, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with MS office & database software).
- High School degree and two years’ college experience (or equivalent); work experience in a non-profit, social-service organization, customer service or other related employment.
- Must exhibit a high level of responsibility with confidential information.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Some bending, kneeling and stairs may be required. Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
To apply: submit cover letter and resume to Erika Eykmans at, Volunteer Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Facilities
Status: 90 day trial period – Full-Time (40 hours/week) (Non Exempt) $16/hour
The Housekeeping Specialist will be responsible for providing a clean and healthy environment for our guest families. This position will also assist the Operations team and volunteers in completion of special tasks as needed.
- Ability to regularly work 40 hours a week, with a schedule of Tuesday-Saturday, or Sunday-Thursday. This is to include any holidays that fall within the determined shift schedule.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license, and reliable mode of transportation
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Basic computer skills required
- Clean and prepare guest rooms to RMHC standards for guest arrival
- Clean and maintain designated common areas
- Perform laundry duties as needed
- Stock and maintain housekeeping and linen supply rooms
- Ensure a high level of customer service is performed at all times
- Assist guests with requests and questions as necessary
- Report any damages or repairs needed to management
- Report all lost and found items to management
- Accurately record and report shift times
- Support the mission of RMHC
Qualifications and skills:
- 1 year of experience with residential or hospitality housekeeping strongly preferred
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Friendly demeanor
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift 40 pounds, reach over the head, squat and bend over, and climb stairs
To apply: submit cover letter and resume to Kelsey Stoltz at firstname.lastname@example.org.