RMHC® Eastern Wisconsin maintains a zero-tolerance policy for the safety of its guest families, volunteers and staff. Under this policy, any violation of the following is grounds for immediate termination of eligibility to stay at the House:
- No alcohol, fireworks, illegal drugs, firearms, pornography or weapons are allowed in the House or on RMHC Eastern Wisconsin property. It is illegal to be in possession of marijuana in the state of Wisconsin.
- Child abuse and/or domestic disputes/violence will not be tolerated at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin.
- RMHC Eastern Wisconsin is a smoke free facility; this includes tobacco in any form including an electronic device. Smoking is not allowed inside the House, throughout the parking decks, or on the adjacent skywalk. There is one designated smoking area on the south end of the building.
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin has the right to complete a background check on any guest at any time. A background check will be conducted following any behavioral circumstance that may compromise the safety of the House, families, staff or volunteers.
- Any guest with a known/reported convicted felony within the last ten years may not stay at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin.
The parent/legal guardian must be referred to be eligible to stay at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin. The Family Services Manager must approve any other circumstance. All other overnight guests must be an essential part of the patient’s support system and registered as an in-House guest with the Family Services Team.
Any individual coming into the House must be registered as a guest or visitor.
- Visitors are permitted between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Guests must come to the Front Desk to greet all visitors upon their arrival to RMHC Eastern Wisconsin.
- Visitors must sign in and out at the Front Desk. Anyone staying past 9:00 p.m. as a visitor must be registered as an in-House guest with the Family Services Team.
- The visitor’s behavior is the guest’s responsibility. All visitors must understand and abide by our policies, including entering the House infection free and in good health.
Guests should not let anyone into the House who is not a part of their stay. Registered guests can use their keys to come and go, and all other visitors must sign in and out at the Front Desk.
Guest room occupancy must not exceed the fire code maximum number of guests for an overnight stay.
Family must notify the Family Services Team at check-in if a service animal will be in the House. Family must read and sign the Service Animal agreement, including expectations of behavior and responsibility for any damages. Service animals may not be left unattended at any time.
Guest families agree to use their room at least every 24 hours. If unable to use the room daily, families are expected to check-out.
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin is a family-friendly, communal environment.
- All language and conversations must be communally appropriate.
- All people in the House deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Quiet hours in our House are from 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin requires appropriate attire in the House, including wearing shoes when outside of your guest room (slippers are acceptable).
Food and drink are not permitted in guest rooms, with the exception of water.
The small refrigerator in your room is available to store medication, breast milk and water only. Breast milk and medication may not be stored in communal refrigerators/freezers.
Stealing food is not tolerated at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin. Label all personal food in your guest pantry/fridge/freezer with your name, room number and date.
- RMHC Eastern Wisconsin has a generous amount of general use food that is available to everyone in all kitchens.
For the safety of the House, children must be supervised at all times. Children may never be left alone in the guest room.
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult and within eyesight at all times. Siblings may not supervise children under 14 unless they are registered as an adult (age 18 or older) as part of the stay.
- Children 14 and older are able to be in and around the House, without an adult in eyesight, as long as the adult is on the RMHC Eastern Wisconsin premises.
- Staff, volunteers and guests are not allowed to supervise other guest family’s children.
Needles or other infectious materials, including diapers and used personal hygiene products, must be disposed of properly each day.
- Trash must be removed to the trash room, never placed in a common space trash container.
- A sharps container is available on the first floor near the white elevator.
Guests are responsible for cleaning their room at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin.
- This includes the bathroom and regular laundering of bed linens and bath towels.
- Cleaning supplies are provided in all guest rooms, and detergent is provided in the laundry room.
- *Quilts/comforters should not be washed in guest laundry & can be exchanged upon request.
Damage to property, including but not limited to guest rooms, fixtures, furnishings, artwork, décor or linens will result in a charge of 100% of fair replacement value or necessary cleaning charges.
RMHC Eastern Wisconsin staff may enter your room at any time without notice, though every attempt will be made to give advance notice when possible. Weekly room inspections for maintenance and cleanliness are completed by RMHC Eastern Wisconsin staff, and any issues will be addressed.
Guests are expected to check-out of RMHC Eastern Wisconsin when the patient is discharged from the hospital or upon completion of outpatient appointments.
- If a patient’s physician or care team is requesting the family remain in close proximity to the hospital, RMHC Eastern Wisconsin requires signed documentation to accommodate the extended stay.
Guests are expected to clean the room prior to check-out (refer to the guest room check-out checklist). Including the removal of all personal belongings. See the Family Services Team to return key cards and complete check out.
If anyone who is a part of your stay is showing symptoms of a contagious illness/disease or has been exposed to a person who has a documented contagious illness/disease, you must notify the Family Services Team. RMHC Eastern Wisconsin requires signed documentation from a healthcare professional clearing the individual to live in communal housing. Guests may be required to check-out of RMHC temporarily and guests will be responsible for all related expenses.
The privilege of having a room at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin is offered so that families may attend to the needs of a sick child. Any individual abusing that privilege may be asked to leave. Disruptive or irresponsible behavior, as solely determined by the House, that threatens the safety or well-being of our guests, staff or volunteers will not be tolerated and will result in the loss of House privileges.