Eligibility & How to Stay
- Be a parent, legal guardian or primary caregiver of a child being treated at a partner hospital who is 21 years or younger.
- Live outside of these four Wisconsin counties: Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee.
- Racine County families will qualify to stay at the House if their child is receiving inpatient or residential treatment at a local partnering hospital.
- Families must occupy a room for a minimum of one night and can stay with us for as many nights as their child is receiving continuous care. Continuous care is defined as inpatient or residential treatment, or at least 3 days with outpatient appointments per week.
How to Stay
New guest families:
- RMHC® Eastern Wisconsin will need a referral. Referrals will only be accepted up to five days prior to a family’s anticipated arrival. Same day referrals must be submitted by 7:00 p.m.
- For Children’s Wisconsin:
- Contact the Children’s Wisconsin Patient Relations Department (414.266.3465) or the child’s social worker to have the referral submitted.
- For Rogers Behavioral Health:
- Contact the Rogers Behavioral Health intake specialist, social worker, program manager or care coordinator to have the referral submitted. A signed release of information will also be required.
- All families receiving care at any Rogers Behavioral Health location are also welcome to visit our Ronald McDonald Family Room. Families do not need to be staying overnight at the House to visit the Family Room. The Family Room is located on the Rogers Behavioral Health campus in Oconomowoc and is open seven days/week from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- For all other local hospital partners:
- Contact a member of the care team at the hospital where the child is being treated. The medical personnel can request the referral form from firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit the completed form to the same email.
- Once the referral is submitted to RMHC Eastern Wisconsin via email, the family will be added to a waiting list and a Family Services staff member will call the family to confirm all information provided. Any questions can be directed to the Family Services Office at 414.935.6510.
Returning guest families:
- If a family has stayed at RMHC Eastern Wisconsin within the last 2 years, the primary caregiver may self-refer for the same patient and same hospital by calling our Family Services Team at 414.935.6510 up to five days prior to anticipated arrival. The family will then be placed on the waiting list.